RNE News

The Saber

RNE News

The Saber

RNE News

The Saber

RNE hosts Coming Home pep rally

Jessica Gonzalez
The Coming Home King and Queen contestants are announced as the crowd cheers in the background.

This Friday, Richland Northeast hosted its winter sports pep rally a few hours before the Coming Home basketball game against Lugoff-Elgin High School that evening.

To kick off the rally, RNE’s Cavalier marching band performed their routine as students were ushered into the gym.

The members of the bowling team were introduced right after, followed by the girls’ basketball and boys’ basketball teams.

The Coming Home King and Queen contestants were announced soon after. The Coming Home Prince and Princess were both named at the pep rally, but the King and Queen would be announced later that evening at the basketball game.

Next up was a performance put on by Allan University’s “Band of Gold” to further hype up the crowd for the oncoming game.

After their performance was the long-awaited game of Family Feud, repped by upperclassmen and underclassmen wearing orange and blue to celebrate the last day of spirit week. The upperclassmen came out victorious with a score of 4-0.

The fun continued with a dance-off between one of RNE’s Student Resource Officers and upperclassman “Big Country” Mosely, followed by a game of “Finish the Lyrics” with the student body as a whole. The rally was concluded with the singing of the alma mater before students were dismissed back to their fourth block classes.

The Coming Home basketball game between Richland Northeast and Lugoff-Elgin began that evening at 6:00 p.m at RNE. The winners of the Coming Home court would also be announced during the event.