RNE News

The Saber

RNE News

The Saber

RNE News

The Saber

RNE Cross Country smashes records at Regions

Runners set their personal best times as the end of the season approaches.

RNE put forth their best effort yesterday at the Region 5-4A cross country meet and it showed.

Hosted at Westwood High School, the meet pitted the Cavs against five surrounding Midlands teams: AC Flora, Irmo, Lugoff-Elgin, Ridgeview, and Westwood. Although both the boys and girls teams failed to rank high in overall scoring, almost every RNE runner beat their personal record (PR) on the 5k course.

With the State Meet Qualifier coming up on Nov. 3, they’re itching to achieve even loftier goals.

“Right now we’re just tapering, going down and decreasing [times] for state qualifiers,” senior Adedolapo Famuyide said. “But hopefully by the time state hits, we hit another PR.”

Famuyide, one of the five boys representing RNE, broke his PR with a time of 16:40.95.

The boys continued to perform well, ranking fifth overall as a team.

For the girls, Saniya Fleming finished with her personal best time. Teammates Jerniah Spence and Leny Lojero-Lucaz followed en route, breaking their PRs too.