RNE News

The Saber

RNE News

The Saber

RNE News

The Saber

Prom relocated from the Gym

Will Etu
Students dance and celebrate at RNE’s 2023 prom. This prom occurred at R2-I2, one of the possible locations for 2024.

RNE’s 2024 prom has switched locations from the school gym to R2-I2, where it has occurred for the past three years. The event coordinators could also decide between the Columbia Museum of Art or the Russell House, according to Student Activities Director Regina Cherry.

The event will take place on April 27, and tickets are currently on sale for $60. The theme is “Enchanted Night.”

Also from Cherry, Mr. Butler and the PCA department will partner with the Student Government for the Black History Month pep rally. The Student Government will do a skit on Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) and the arts. The theme is “African Americans and the Arts.” The pep rally will take place on Feb 23.

Cherry added that the “Sneaker Ball,” a school dance planned for Feb 16, is now postponed. Student Government is looking at rescheduling it for sometime in March.

Cavalier Cupid will happen on Valentine’s Day. Couples will lunch in a Valentine’s Day-inspired room in E-109. Tickets are on sale for $5.

On March 28, Spring Fling will celebrate the Spring season with food trucks, a Powderpuff game, and other activities.